TLOA is a community blog celebrating the beauty and elegance of tortoiseshell, calico and torbie cats. If you choose to post on this blog your post becomes the property of TLOA blog and linkbacks should be to http://bessthecat.blogspot.com/ or the individual post.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Shadow

Shadow - joined October 2011
Jacqueline writes: Shadow was rescued from a high kill shelter in SC. In 2010 I lost my mother, then lost my devoted friend Butterball, a 15 year old tortie. Last thing I was ready to do was adopt another pet. Then, a friend posted Shadow's picture marked URGENT--she was going to be put to sleep if she wasn't adopted. I couldn't get her pic out of my head--she looked so pitiful. I tossed and turned all night thinking about her. At around 5 am I knew I had to stop them from putting her to sleep. We contacted anyone and everyone who could possibly help. We found several kind hearted people who went to great lengths to secure her safety. I found a great rescue transport group who were willing to transport her all the way to NY. Meeting the van at 3 in the morning to pick up Shadow who was cramped in a carrier for 17 hours after spay surgery was one of the most exciting nights of my life! She came out of the carrier full of spunk and confidence, but emaciated and malnourished! She immediately took to her surroundings, ate and ate, then lay down next to me. She's been a joy since! I will post an album documenting her progress. Thank you for considering her for admittance!

5 comments:

  1. Shadow is very lucky to have found you. So glad you rescued her.

    Shadow, I am looking forward to getting to know you. Your furs are very stunning. ~Scylla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful ending..makes mom's eyes leak a little. Welcome darling. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH for great rescue stories - and to be rescued right back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I am so glad you gave Shadow a home! She is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Star.And nice to met you!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Meowing @ us

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from Joanie and Penny the tortie!