TLOA is a community blog celebrating the beauty and elegance of tortoiseshell, calico and torbie cats. If you choose to post on this blog your post becomes the property of TLOA blog and linkbacks should be to http://bessthecat.blogspot.com/ or the individual post.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Mica Minnie Moo

Mica Minnie Moo - joined October 2011
My full name is Mica Minnie Moo. The rescue people named me Mica which means "beloved friend".  My family liked that, so they kept it.  There is a family tradition that all torties have "Minnie" in their name.  Mica Minnie didn't sound very good, so the mom added "Moo" to it.  My nick names are Miss Hiss and Waddles - how embarrassing!  My family was looking for a kitty for Oui Oui to play with because the girl was going away to school and they didn't want Oui to be lonely, so they got her a pet kitty - me!  The mom always told the girl when she moved away from home she would be replaced by a Siamese, and it worked out that way!

Our blog is http://twinkletoetails.blogspot.com please stop by any time.
 
I was rescued from the streets and went to the county shelter, but by that time I was almost completely wild and spent my time throwing myself against the cage. They took me to a special rescue that takes in "problem" and hard to place kitties. I wasn't there too long before I went to my forever home.  The Lady was really surprised because I didn't know what a back scratch was and I was so hand shy. I hissed at everything that looked like a cat - pillows, planters, even towels that smelled like them!  My hackles were up for 9 months; I even slept and ate with them up.  This made the Lady very sad.

I have been here now for 15 months.  I have my special sleeping spot with the Lady (who is turning into my Mom) right on her shoulder so I can put my head on her pillow or bury it against her.  She still can't stand and bend down to pet me, but I let her if she's sitting. I've come a long way from the time I would only come half way out from under the bed!  I told my story in detail on our blog at the end of August and it took a week to tell!  

Here are some facts about me.  I am part Siamese with chocolate tortie points and beautiful blue eyes.  When I was Gotcha'd I weighed 7 lbs, now I weigh 12 lbs. I don't know my birthday, but everyone likes Halloween, so I picked Halloween 2008 for my birthday.  My Gotcha Day is July.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Waddles, we're delighted that you could join The Ladies Of Autumn. Please thank MoMo for the networking activity. Sister Mica Minnie Moo, we promise to honour and protect you for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIYA, MMM!!! Good to see you here at last! I learn a little more about you with each of your posting.

    Remember to come to our Halloween Party on your 'birthday'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.fourstate.blogspot.com/?zx=36095f4acd1c4bf5 get in touch. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can one become a member? Tesla is a calico tabby girl and would love to join up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hansel & Tesla,

    If Tesla is interested in joining, please contact me at bessthecat.facebook.com

    Kind regards,

    Bess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone! Thanks for inviting me to join! Momo, you work very hard, thanks from all of us for all you have done. Thanks to your SS too. She must be a hard worker as well. When that slacker mom of ours has the time, she will look round the web site here. It looks very interesting. We all love reading about other kitties and their stories. Purrs & head bumps, MMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Meowing @ us

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from Joanie and Penny the tortie!